Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Garlic Lemon Chicken with Rice Medley

I love to cook. But I love to cook simple gluten free meals.  One of the challenges I've had since going gluten free is that Husband and Son are not gluten free. The other challenge is that I also try not to eat meat and I don't eat dairy, soy, or chocolate.  I'm sure I'm missing some other things I don't eat, but you get them point.  I am the only one in our family (for whom I cook for - as you know Dog is GF too) that has dietary restrictions.  So as much as I enjoy cooking, I don't enjoy cooking multiple meals to suit us all.  So the challenge is cooking a meal that my boys will enjoy, that I can eat as well.  One of those meals is  Garlic Lemon Chicken with Rice Medley.  We all love it.



Ingredients:
6 chicken thighs 
Olive Oil
Garlic
 1/2 Cup Wild rice
1/2 Cup Brown Rice
1/4 Cup Jasmine Rice
1 Red Pepper
Green Beans (handful)


Chicken: Cook chicken (thighs or breasts) in 2 tbspns of olive oil and 1/4 cup lemon juice or lime juice, and sprinkle with A.Vogel's Herbamare (this stuff is heavenly).
Rice: I use 1/2 cup wild rice, 1/2 cup brown rice, and 1/4 cup jasmine rice. (the wild rice will need to cook longer than the other two, as well the brown rice cooks a little longer than the jasmine).  Drain the rice and place it back in the pot with a little (2tbspns) olive oil and add diced red pepper and green beens.  Let warm in pot for just a few minutes, season with Herbamare and serve. Yummy.

No comments: