Friday, May 11, 2012

Gluten Free/Dairy Free Pancakes


These are some gooood pancakes! Son loves these pancakes. I went through a couple recipes before coming to this one. It is an adaptation of the pancake recipe in The Everything Gluten Free Cookbook.






Ingredients:
2 cups gluten free flour ( I use Br. Rice or Sorghum, or a mix of both)
2 tbspns Guar Gum ( or Xanthan Gum, but I use Guar because Xanthan is corn based, and I can't eat corn)
2 tbspns gf baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs (yes 4.  The eggs will help bind the pancakes together)
2 cups rice milk ( you can use almond milk or regular milk instead)(you may need more. I find GF flours need more moisture than glutenous ones)

For an extra treat I add carob chips.  I pretend I'm doing it for Son...but really they're for me :).  (I use carob as a replacement for chocolate because chocolate is also on my long list of forbidden foods.  Son doesn't notice that it's not chocolate, but husband has quite a radar for this and I can't get away with this as easily with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Delish! Perfect brunch for Mother's Day! 4 eggs from hens raised on gluten-free feed? Wishful thinking - that wheat desrived tocopheryl gets me everytime! At least it's not as bad as a full-on gluten hit!
I hope you had a great day - It's a glamorous position, eh, being a mom?! Lovin' it!
~Sista