Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Cranberry Wraps with Cran-Almond-Pumpkin Seed Salad

Today was father's day.  I think Father would say that it was a fantastic day.  Son made him a bird house and a card at daycare.  Both were great!  The bird feeder got hung up by the boys this morning and we bought additional bird seed with the groceries this morning.


We've got our fingers crossed that the squirrels don't make too much trouble with the bird feeder.  We bought squirrel resistant bird seed. Apparently it has chilli seeds in it to deter them.  ...we'll see.

The humming bird feeder given to us by our friend also got filled and hung up this morning.




Lunch was cheese wraps with cranberry-almond-pumpkin seed salad.  It was a last minute thing.  I looked in the fridge to see what I had  and this is what came of it all.  I have to say, I was rather impressed. I liked the salad so much I made it again for dinner.



Cheese Wraps:
Gluten Free Rice Wraps
Mozzarella Style Daiya Cheese
Dried Cranberries

Fill wrap with Daiya, sprinkle with cranberries, and grill lightly in frying pan.

Salad:
Romaine Lettuce
Sliced Almonds
Pumpkin Seeds
Dried Cranberries
Balsamic Vinegarette 

Mix and serve.




No comments: