1 Bounty select-a-size paper towel roll
1 tblspn coconut oil
1 tblspn castile soap
4 cups of boiled water
2 drops tea tree oil
Lessons I learned:
1. Use a jumbo roll and make sure it is select-a-size.
2. Do not use a serated knife.
3. I think I will use less oil next time.
4. If you are not using a Jumbo roll, use less of everything.
5. If the wipes seem too soggy, squeeze the excess moisture out of the roll and replace the roll back in the container.
Cut the roll of paper towel in two. One Good Thing by Jillee suggests that Bounty works best.I had Bounty so used it as well. I believe Jillee also suggests NOT to use a serated knife. I couldn't find one that wasn't. You can see that it didn't cut well. Next time I will look harder for a non-serated knife.
I gathered my ingredients and mixed them in a bowl.I used boiled water instead of distilled water. Jillee's recipe calls for baby wash - I used castile soap. I also used a couple of drops of Tea Tree oil for the antibacterial/anti-fungal properties.
Most recipes say to remove the cardboard roll AFTER adding the water mixture.I was able to remove the roll easily before adding the water mixture so went ahead and did it.
Place 1/2 of the cut roll in a plastic container.
Add 1/2 water mixture to the container.
Place lid on top.
Turn over and let sit for 5 minutes.
Turn back over and voila, you have wipes.