Friday, June 8, 2012

The Lady's Store


Finances are tight these days.  The cost of living constantly goes up, but my salary is the lowest it has ever been in my entire career. Being Gluten Free means my food costs more than the non gluten free versions. I have Googled money saving ideas and find lots of ideas for which I have already implemented over the years. We are by no means in trouble, but really, I always wish that there could be more in the bank after paying the bills each month.

Value Village is one of my newest ways to save additional money. Some people I know call it 'The Lady's Store'.  I have never indulged in grand shopping sprees for clothes for myself or my family. But lets be honest, I have a 3 year old boy that can outgrow his clothes in a matter of weeks.  Even at $10 shirts/ pants, this can add up quickly. We recently made our fist trip to Value Village and bought 6 clothing items for Son - for a grand total of $13.25.  Can't beat that. Sorry, no picture of those....most of them are in the wash....

I recently dug out my Spring/Summer wardrobe and found it was lacking.  Next up was VV for mom.  I gave myself a challenge of $60.00 and was somewhat successful.  I found that the adult clothes were much more than the children's - but that would make sense.  I came out with 3 bottoms and 3 tops, as well as two necklaces for $58.00.  I figure that I saved at least $60, but likely more like $100 by shopping here.


I admit that it was a bit harder to find just what I was looking for.  I think that key to successful thrift store shopping is keeping an open mind and not going in with a specific item in mind.  Thank you Value Village, I will be back to The Lady's Store.  

No comments: