Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chocolate/Gluten/Dairy/Soy Free "Chocolate" Pudding


I love sweets.  Surprisingly, I haven't posted any recipes yet for desserts. I've been trying to be "good" lately and have managed to stay away from them for the most part. The other day I caved under the pressure of seeing the ice cream container in the freezer - the ice cream that I can't eat.
This dessert is one of my favourites. Having endometriosis, I am sticking to a chocolate free diet (I know. It's torture!) and therefore it calls for carob instead of chocolate. You can of course make it with cocoa powder if you prefer.  This recipe makes a small batch (small meaning it will serve one person [you] a couple of servings]. If you are serving more than yourself you will likely want to double or triple the recipe.  I love that it is so nice and creamy - without dairy, or soy.  Totally delicious. I dare you to try it.

Ingredients:
1 large ripe avocado
1 ripe banana
3 tbspn carob powder
3 tbspn agave nectar
rice milk

Instructions:
Dice the avocado, place in blender or food processor.
Place pealed banana in with the avocado
Add carob powder and agave.
Blend and add rice milk 1 tspn at a time until it's nice and smooth, resembling pudding.
Chill and serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this recipe, and the variations available (using avocado) are vast. It is kid friendly too - rendering it a HEALTHY beloved snack for school lunches = made with LOVE.
~Dedicated

Anonymous said...

I love this recipe, and the variations available (using avocado) are vast. It is kid friendly too - rendering it a HEALTHY beloved snack for school lunches = made with LOVE.
~Dedicated