Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dr. Bronner's Castile - Gluten Free

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/LS.htm


If you're following my blog, you'll know that I am striving to use only gluten free personal products, in addition to my strictly gluten free diet. Therefore, as I read labels of products I already have, or look for new products on store shelves, I find myself e-mailing more and more companies to find out if their product is gluten free.  My most recent inquiry was to Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap company.  At first I only asked the source of the Tocopherol in their castile soaps. And this is the response I recieved:

"Thanks for writing.  We use natural tocopherols (vitamin E), derived from sunflower oils, as a preservative in our personal care products.  However the tocopherol has been processed on the same machinery as other soy products. 
Please let me know if you have any further questions.Thank you.
          Take care,
          Erin Trudeau-Bronner
          Customer Service Manager

          Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps"


Then I was more specific and asked if their products are gluten free, and this is the response I received to that question:

         "Yes, all our products are gluten free.

          Please let me know if you have any further questions.

          Thank you.

          Take care,
          Erin Trudeau-Bronner
          Customer Service Manager
          Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps"



Nice to know that there is another gluten free option available.

No comments: