Monday, July 16, 2012

Lemon Chicken Pesto Salad


We had this one for dinner recently.  I wanted to make a salad but didn't want to have Tunalini again....(I love it, but need to switch things up a little). So instead I came up with this.  I am sure it is easy enough to make pesto. However, I must admit that I have never tried.  My herb garden has not faired so well, and so I do not have all the herbs to make the pesto on my own.  While walking through the grocery store aisles last week, I spotted dried pesto mix - and gluten free too! - made by Nutrimax.  Some day I will make pesto with all the fresh ingredients, but until then, this one wins my vote.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breast marinaded in lemon juice and grilled, then diced.
1 orange pepper, diced.(or whatever pepper you would like to use)
2 cups broccoli sprigs
Pesto sauce mix to taste ( I think I used a couple tablespoons)
Herbamare to taste.
2 tblspns olive oil
2 cups Rice noodles

Cook pasta. Mix all ingredients. Chill. Serve. Enjoy.

I asked Husband how many stars he would give this one out of five.  He knows that if he answers with anything above a 3 or 3.5 he will likely find it on his plate again at another point in time. This is how I know he answers me truthfully.  He gave it a "4 or 5".

No comments: