Friday, August 17, 2012

Creamy Cucumber Salad

The first summer that I went gluten free was the hardest summer being gluten free. I had to come up with a whole new summer menu selection that didn't involve gluten.  On top of being gluten free, I also cut out dairy.  While searching for new salad recipes for a gluten free summer, I found one for a creamy cucumber salad...but it contained dairy.  I don't think I came up with this dairy substitution on my own. Although it is a fairly simple one, perhaps I did. At first, the mayo and cucumber mix will seem very thick. But as it sits, juices from the cucumber will help to make it nice and creamy. So here's another super simple recipe, just in time for cucumber harvest time.  Just not my cucumber harvest time, as my cucumber plants perished in a rodent attack.


1 cucumber
4 tbspn mayonaise
Dill weed to taste
garlic to taste

Slice, mix, chill for a couple of hours. and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum!
I can't WAIT to get my a** into Herweyer's organic market tomorrow to get started on this recipe! Thanks!