Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Summer to Remember

I would have to say that this summer is by far the best summer I have ever had. Our family was busy, but we had a lot of good times. Although we are not sending Son to school this year (he does not meet the age requirements of 4 before December), I am having a sad moment realizing that this year is the last before I send him off to school and all that includes...like peer pressure, every illness that is going around, lice, and being influenced to want everything (insert Disney character here), to name a few. Son is growing up so much every day and while I am very proud of him and the young man he is already becoming...I am sad that time is slipping by so fast.

Some of the highlights of our summer included gardening as a family, going to museums...several times, swimming, splashing in sprinklers, blowing bubbles, fireworks, digging in the dirt, going to the park, learning to ride a balance bike, going to the circus, going to the fair, apple picking, farm visiting, boating, fishing, cottaging, bike rides and picnics, watching road construction (I know, who would have thought!), sidewalk chalk, and fun with family and friends. 

One of my favourite seasons is next, but then we are on to the cold bundled up winter. Mind over matter. While spring, summer and fall are my favourite seasons, I enjoy any season with my family and I need to remember that every season is filled with the memories I long to hold on to.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed!

Thanks for sharing.

~Dedicated

Anonymous said...

You're so right - time does slip by too quickly! But at least it seems you and your family are safe, happy and healthy - and that is important these days :)

-YKW