Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Home Made Apple Sauce Crockpot Apple Crisp - Gluten Free!


You may have read in one of my previous posts that our family recently went apple picking at an organic farm.  I made apple sauce from these apples, and it was absolutely delicious. I decided to make Apple Crisp out of the last batch of sauce. To keep the apples a bit more chunky and less saucey, I cooked them for only a few hours....maybe 3 or 4 (in the crockpot).  While they worked well, I think next time I will reduce the apple sauce cooking time a bit more to keep the apple pieces a bit larger.

 I used the following ingredients:
2 cups of Enjoy Life Cinnamon Raison Crunch 'Granola' (Gluten Free)
1/2 Cup of Almond Meal
5 tbsp Becel Vegan Margarine (Dairy Free) (any margarine will do if you consume dairy)
3 cups of chunky homemade apple sauce


First I mixed 1 cup of the gluten free Enjoy Life granola with 1/2 cup of almond meal and added margarine.  Then I packed this mixture down as best I could in the bottom of the corningware dish.


Next I added the apple sauce....

...and covered it with the remaining 1 cup of gluten free Enjoy Life Granola.
I then baked it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes....maybe a bit less.


Then we ate it before I could get a picture of the best apple crisp I have ever eaten.

No comments: