Saturday, September 8, 2012

Kale Chips

Kale chips are gluten free, dairy free, green goodness.


While visiting Sister and her family recently I was introduced to the wholesome goodness of kale chips. They were scrumptious.  ...and I had that reoccurring thought I've been having a lot lately: "I can do that".  For the last couple of weeks I have been watching for kale at our grocery store.....but each week it has been sold out. I can see why.  It tastes so yummy.  But this week I was the lucky purchaser of a bundle of green kale.  

I washed it up, ripped it into bite size pieces, tossed it with some Herbamare and olive oil, spread it on a couple of baking sheets, and broiled it on low until it was all crispy good.

We ate almost a whole pan full right out of the oven.  It was that good.

A little googling told me of Kale's many nutritional benefits. It is high in fiber, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties. It has been shown to fight and even prevent certain types of cancer (including colon, breast, bladder, prostate, ovarian and gastric),and offers cardiovascular support by lowering cholesterol levels. It helps our body with detoxification.  It is high in vitamin K, A, and C.   Mmmm kale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny! I made this myself 2 nights ago for our school snacks! "Think" we're related!?
I added nutritional yeast for that "cheesy" flavour.

Sure beats the $8.00 price tag that comes with Brad's Raw Food "Naked" kale chips that the kids devour in 5 minutes. They think I don't know they cracked a package open, and walk around with smiles and green crumbs all over their faces. Hilarious!

What temp, and for how long did you try yours at?

~Dedicated

Anonymous said...

They are REALLY yummy.....and fun to eat! I can't stop eating them when i pass the bowl in the kitchen!

GREAT recipe - and great blogging! Your husband and son are very lucky boys!!

-YKW