Friday, September 28, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte - Glutten Free/ Dairy Free/ Chocolate Free


Oh my goodness. I think I have just created my new favourite drink.  I may not be able to drink hot chocolate...but I just don't care anymore.  Chocolate and I were best buds for many many years. Turns out the rather large cyst that took up residence on my ovary doesn't like Chocolate.  So I have to keep it appeased and try to keep my distance from Chocolate.

Since the weather has taken a turn to the chilly side...I've been on the hunt for a warm drink to please me.  I have found a replacement for my age old love of Hot Chocolate.  Sorry chocolate...we just can't be friends anymore, and it's lonely without you so I've found an awesome replacement.

We regularly have a can of pumpkin open as we feed Dog a spoonful of pumpkin with every meal to enhance her regularity, to put it politely.  Well, this evening I opened up the fridge to grab my carton of Flax milk and spied the can of pumpkin. I looked back and forth from the Flax milk to the pumpkin..then back to the flax milk, and said: "why not?".  So there my love affair with my version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte began.

In a mug I heated the flax milk.
Then I added a large spoonful of pumpkin...
...added a teaspoon of agave...
...sprinkled liberally with cinnamon.
...mixed with a spoon...
and drank as slowly as possible...which wasn't very slow at all since it was so extremely yummy.

Husband rating: "ooh, that's good"


No comments: