Friday, September 21, 2012

Bathtub Cleaning Made Simple

Source: http://www.joyfulhomemaking.com/2012/08/simple-shower-and-tub-cleaner.html

Perusing around on Pinterest the other day I saw the most genius idea for cleaning the bathtub/shower.   Credit where credit is due, this is the site where the Pin led me to. However, this blogger does say that she got the idea from a pinner on Pinterest as well.  










Today I gave it a go. This pinner suggests using equal parts vinegar and dish soap. Instead of using straight vinegar I used my orange vinegar solution. And instead of using dish soap I used Kiss My Face liquid castile soap.  I also added a couple drops of tea tree oil for it's antifungal/ disinfectant properties.  

I like a clean house, but I am not a fan of cleaning.  It just takes up precious time...and there are things to do that are much more enjoyable (playing with son, cooking, blogging, etc.).  

Half the hassle of cleaning the bathtub is going to get the cleaners and the rags to do the job.  I have a basket hanging in the bathtub and have left the wand in it upside down just waiting for the next time the bathtub needs to be scrubbed.  

Cleaning my bathtub with this wand was almost fun.  It was super effective, and simple. You know what I really like about this one too?  The cleansers are gentle and non toxic.  Works for me.

5 comments:

Cousin Lisa said...

Ok, I'm so going to have to try this. Where do you get the Castile Soap? I'd like to try a few of your other homemade soaps as well. Laundry and Body.

If I can find an easy way to clean the tub and shower I'm ALL in. I'll have to see about getting one of those wands.

Gluten Free Mom said...

I get my castile at the grocery store in the organic, specialty food, 'green' body product section. Thanks for reading!

Cousin Lisa said...

Thanks. I'll check it out. Also where do you get your Tea Tree Oil, I might as well get some of that and add it to the mix.

And you bet!

Gluten Free Mom said...

Hope you like cleaning wand as much as I do Lisa. I think I got my Tea Tree Oil at my grocery store, in the organic/health section but I think it would be available at most health food stores as well.

Cousin Lisa said...

I have used the cleaning wand. So far with just the Dawn & Vinegar mixture. I have yet to get out and get the Castile Soap & Tea Tree Oil.

I'm going to do another one for the toilets as well I think. Less harsh chemical smell or bleachy smell.

I'm going to do the paper towel with the Tea Tree Oil trick in the garbage can & compost bin as well. Icky smelly.