Sunday, October 21, 2012

Artichoke & Olive Tapenade

Oh my. I have just made my first tapenade.  It is yummy. I bit strong on the garlic, but still yummy. I made two versions of the same, one creamy one not.  I love it when I make a new recipe that ends up tasting great and isn't a failure.  As an extra bonus it is simple (which is a must for me).  Both versions are gluten and dairy free.

Ingredients:
1 can black olives
1 can artichoke hearts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic ( I used a very large clove and it was a bit strong for me)
1 - 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (gluten free)

Instructions:
1. Using a garlic press I crushed the garlic into a large measuring cup.
2. I then drained the canned artichoke hearts and the olives, and added them to the garlic in the measuring cup.
3. I added 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Using my hand mixer I blended all the above ingredients.
5. Wanting to try a second creamier variation I took a portion of the tapenade and placed it in a second dish, adding a tablespoon of mayonnaise to make it creamy.

Like I mentioned above, I used a bit too much garlic, but other than that it was really good.  Next time I would use a 1/2 clove instead.  It was excellent with the Gluten Free/Dairy Free Rice Wraps I made last night.

I also tried it mixed with some rice noodles we had left over from dinner the other night. Very good as well....but no picture of that. I ate it up before thinking of taking a picture of it. 

No comments: