Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Zuchini Tomato Casserole - Gluten free /Dairy free


In my teenage years I worked at a cottage resort.  This recipe comes to you thanks to that job.  You see,  it was on the menu in the dining room, and as a member of the dining and kitchen staff I was privileged to learn this one from the chef - Thanks Diana!  My version isn't exactly the way that she made it but it sure is tasty.  I know that it doesn't look like much from the pictures above...that's partly my photography...and partly due to my lack of effort into making it look presentable.  Our meals are cooked in a rush (usually with Son hounding me for a video or another juice or to come look at something) and I don't pay much attention to what it looks like.

Ingredients & Instructions:

1. Oil your 8" casserole dish

2. Mix:
1 cup cheddar cheese (or chedder Daiya for dairy free option)
1/3 cup parmesan (or mozzarella Daiya for dairy free option)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

3. Thinly Slice:
3 med. zuchini
2 large tomatoes

4. Mix
2 tbspn diced onion
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (Gluten Free)

5. Layer bottom to top with:
zuchini
cheese mixture
tomato
cheese mixture
zuchini
Bread crumb mixture
cheese mixture

6. Bake at 375 for 30 mins covered
Uncover and bake at 20-25 min longer.

No comments: