Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lemon Dill Dressing - Dairy free/Gluten Free

I've created a new dressing to grace our greens.  Lemon Dill. Scrumptious.  I have a whole lot of fresh dill in my fridge, and I hate wasting.  So from these two variables, my Lemon Dill Dressing was created.

We are settling into raw vegetarian eating.  Normally salads are a staple meal in the summer.  But they have re-emerged in our menu since deciding to try eating more raw vegetarian.  I have a lot to learn about meals to prepare to make our menu a bit more interesting with this change, but in the mean time, I'm trying to make some interesting salad dressings to add a bit of variation.





Ingredients:

  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil
  • dash of herbamare
  • 3 sprigs of fresh dill
  • 1 sprig fresh parsley


Instructions:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend briefly, or alternatively use a stick blender.
2. Refrigerate to chill.

I have no idea how long this dressing will keep in the fridge. I consumed it within a  couple of days. I imagine it might last 5-7 days.  

No comments: