I had a friend over for dinner Saturday night. Since she is trying to go gluten free and is also dairy free, I decided to make a gluten free, dairy free lasagna, and vegetarian because, well...I don't eat meat either.
This friend is one of my biggest blog supporters, and after our meal she insisted that I share my recipe for the lasagna with her. I don't feel that it's anything all that special, since it's a combination of store bought items, but I do agree that it's pretty good, and therefore blog worthy.
You'll have to excuse the pictures. Since I didn't decide to blog about it until after we ate our meal, the picture is of our left overs.
2 large portabello mushrooms (diced)
1 small zucchinis (diced)
1 yellow pepper (diced)
1 green pepper (diced)
1 pkg. Gluten Free (rice) lasagna noodles (you could also use slices of zucchini if you don't have or don't want the rice noodles)
1 jar spaghetti sauce ( 1 jar if you're only making one pan of lasagna)
1 pkg. Mozzarella style Daiya cheese
1. Bring a pot of water to boil for the noodles, and cook them to al dente.
2. Dice the vegetables
3. Cook the vegetables in a little oil of your choice in a frying pan (add Herbamare to taste).
4. When vegetables and pasta is cooked you are ready to assemble the lasagna.
5. oil your pan
6. Pour a thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of the pan.
7. Next, place a layer of noodles.
8. Spread your cooked vegetables on the noodles with a thin layer of daiya and spaghetti sauce.
9. Place a 2nd layer of noodles.
10. Pour remaining sauce on the top layer
11. Add the final layer of Daiya to the top.
Cook in the oven at 325 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes. Lightly broil the top for a couple of minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before attempting to serve. Enjoy.
Hope you enjoy this one again Dyna! Thanks for your encouragement.