Monday, December 10, 2012

My Handy Husband and the Joys of Two Bathrooms

I have a super handy, super husband. This is especially good because we own an older home. It was built in 1947 and not much was updated until we bought it a few years ago. Over the last 5 years we have tackled a lot of reno projects.  We've hired contractors for those things you should likely never do on your own (rewiring the entire house), but did a lot of the reno work ourselves.  In the pre-son days I was in there working almost as hard as Husband.  Things seemed to have changed a lot since Son entered our lives.  I don't seem to have such an active role in our reno projects any more.  Also, our reno projects take much longer than they used to.  Case in point:  we have been working on installing a second bathroom in our house for 10 months. Yes, that's right, 10 months.  There was a lot of work involved in rebuilding 2 closets that were back to back into a space just large enough for a bathroom. We're almost there.  Two weekends ago we installed the flooring.   Last week the cabinets went in. This past weekend the counter top and toilet went in.  Yes, that means we have a semi functioning second bathroom. Thank goodness. We have experienced way too many family stomach flus with only one bathroom.  I am now pretty excited about the fact that when I finally take a break to use the potty I won't be interrupt by a certain someone barging in saying "I gotta go pooh!". And just incase you were wondering, that certain someone would be Son, not Husband.

So next on the bathroom reno list is to pick out and install a sink and faucet, followed by baseboards and door trim, and a light fixture.  Until then, I will gladly use our semi functioning second bathroom, fully equipped with hand wipes instead of a sink for now.  Son used our new bathroom tonight. He asked me if I could bring some tushie wipes up to the new bathroom.  He's sold on them.  So I guess I better get working on that....

No comments: