Monday, January 14, 2013

Diane's Vegan Toast

The inspiration for this post came to me as I was doing some planning in my head for tomorrow.  More specifically, planning for our meals.  I was deciding what to have for breakfast when I remembered that I had made this recipe for Diane's Vegan Toast a few weeks ago and placed it in the freezer. 



Our Christmas gift to each other this year was a dehydrator.  I love it.  Husband loves the food I make with it. It's a win-win situation. This is just one of the fantastic recipes we've been making with our new dehydrator. 

I was given this recipe by Sister-in-law, along with many of the other dehydrator and raw vegan recipes I will share in the future.  Although it takes some planning ahead, it is super easy to make, and tastes great.  Son made it with me. It took all of 5 minutes to measure, prepare, and spread on the dehydrator sheets.

Ingredients:
2 cups flaxmeal
4 apples (2 cups)
2 cups water
6 cups shredded coconut
3 tbsp cinnamon
6 tbsp agave/ honey
1 1/2 tsp sea salt

Instructions:
Blend all ingredients well in blender.
Spread 1/4" thick
Dehydrate 115 degrees 6-8 hours
Flip & dehydrate 1-2 hours


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you use/ or can you use sprouted flax seed?
Just thinking off the top of my head - this could be a great way to integrate the mega nutrients of sprouted seed.

Thanks for sharing!

~Dedicated

Gluten Free Mom said...

Not too sure. Will have to look into that possibility. Thanks for sharing the idea!