Saturday, January 5, 2013

Gluten Free Dairy Free Shortbread


Over the holidays I discovered that I lost my gluten free shortbread recipe and attempted another recipe.  They tasted very good, but not like traditional shortbread.  A word of warning, I baked mine at 325 degrees for only a few minutes before they started to burn brown severely.  Oh well, they still tasted great, but I recommend baking at 300 degrees and keeping a close eye on them.  

Ingredients:
1 cup soghum
3 cups almond meal
3/4 Cup agave
1 cup butter
pinch salt
2 eggs

Mix eggs, agave, & butter.
In separate bowl mix flours and salt.
Add egg mixture to flour mixture.
Drop by spoon onto cookie tray.
Place cranraisins into centre of each cookie.
Bake at 325 300 for  25 minutes.

Other than a batch of Snowballs, this was the extent of my Christmas baking.  Before the holidays I was feeling a little blue about all the things I used to love but wouldn't be able to eat again this year.  I realized though that the upside of not being able to eat all those goodies that are at every Christmas get together is that, well, I couldn't eat them.  This meant less overindulging. Thank goodness.

No comments: