Sunday, October 6, 2013

Honey Ginger Drink



The weather has been beautiful lately.  Cool mornings and evenings with warm fall days.  Yes, fall is definitely here. The leaves are turning colour and are absolutely beautiful.  In these crisp days I have started drinking more herbal teas and warm drinks again.  One of the drinks I really enjoy is a hot ginger.  A friend of mine introduced me to this variation of the Hot Honey & Ginger drink.  It's a wonderful way to warm up.  I love that it not only tastes great, but once prepared can be stored in the fridge for a quick hot drink fix.

It's apparently from mamaearth.ca.  I did a slight variation of the original recipe, which I will note in brackets bellow.

Layer some sliced organic ginger in the bottom of a mason jar. (Depending on the size of jar you use, and how strong you want your tea, about 1 to 2 inches from the bottom of the jar.)
Add sliced organic lemons to fill the jar. (I omitted the lemons and put more ginger in.)
Fill the jar with honey.
Cover and store in the fridge.

For tea, use a couple of teaspoons per mug and fill your cup with hot water.  
Let steep for a minute and enjoy.

Thanks for sharing TY!


No comments: