Saturday, December 21, 2013

Almost Egg Nog - Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Soy Free

Picture borrowed from: pictureperfectmeals.com.


Happy holidays!  We are officially on our holiday break.  Two weeks of fun filled family time - snow shovelling ( a lot of this in recent days), skating, tobogganing, and some much needed time to relax.  Son announces to us every day how many days there are left until Christmas.  He informs me that as of today there are 3 days left.

Oh....Christmas is here. I was feeling like a glass of egg nog and remembered that last year I posted a recipe for a dairy free version.  I checked it out...but saw that it seemed more involved than I was feeling up to. You see, I'm feeling a bit lazy like relaxing, and my recipe called for saucepans and eggs...and more precision than I was feeling up to.  So I set out to make an egg nog that didn't involve eggs or saucepans.

Ingredients:
Almond Milk (it's thicker than other non-dairy milks and mimics the consistency of egg nog)
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Agave
That's it.

I poured a glass of almond milk and added some agave to taste.  Everything in this recipe is measured to taste.  ...I'm going to guess that I used a tablespoon of agave.  Then I sprinkled in both nutmeg and cinnamon.  Then I stirred like mad to mix it all up.  It doesn't taste exactly like egg nog...but it's pretty close....and it was very quick to make.

If you're gluten free/ dairy free/ vegan and craving a glass of egg nog, I hope you'll enjoy this recipe.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's new GlutenFree Mom? Missing your posts.

~Sista