Friday, October 10, 2014

Being Thankful


Life has been busy, hectic, even chaotic lately. It has thrown me a few punches but I am pretty resilient, and I have plenty to be thankful for.  And, in light of us heading into the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, it seems the perfect time to write about being thankful.  

I am thankful for my beautiful family who has supported me through my highs and lows.  I am thankful for my health and the happiness I have been blessed with. I am thankful that through every difficult experience has come a lesson learned and the ability to dust myself off again.  I am thankful for the health of my family and friends and the memories made with them with each day, each season, holiday, visit and chat. I am thankful that the life we experience today in our country is for the most part peaceful. I am thankful that my family has a roof over our heads and healthy food in our bellies when so many people do not have this shared experience unfortunately. I am thankful to have so much to be thankful for.

I asked Son what he's thankful for.  He said that he is thankful for all of his grandparents and his Great Gramma.  He is also thankful for his teddy's because, as he said, he "couldn't sleep well without them".

I asked Husband what he is thankful for. He said he is thankful for his family, his job, his home, living in Canada, farmers that grow our food,  and his health.

There is, of course, so much more that we are all thankful for.  




Sometimes it is the small things that I am thankful for, like being able to make and enjoy this gluten free pumpkin pie this weekend.  This is a fantastic recipe. An oldie but a goody. Go ahead and give it a try!


From our family to all of you, 
Happy Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So thankful for all of you!

Love Us :)

PS: we should have gf pumpkin pie cook off ! Yum!