Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gluten Free Food That Is TO DIE FOR! - Kulture Foods

Okay, so you all know that I (along with my family) am Gluten Free. It has been a few years now since we unexpectedly had to hop on the Gluten Free train.  It has been a Journey for this Gluten Free Mom.  At first, I had to learn what the heck gluten is. Then I had to train myself on it's language and how to find it in an ingredient list. It truly does have it's own language.  You won't find it listed as 'gluten' in the ingredient lists on your food products.  It's a sneaky little thing!  After finding gluten free foods I then had to figure out which ones taste bad (some of them were just aweful), which ones were bearable, and which ones tasted like I must have read the label wrong because it tasted so go it could not possibly be gluten free.  It was trial and error. Gluten free foods are fairly expensive,  so trying products only to find out they taste like garbage, or cardboard is disappointing on so many levels.  But when I find a product that makes me want to spit it out because it tastes too good to be gluten free, well then, I feel like I'm on cloud nine, over the moon, in heaven.  And THAT is exactly what happened last weekend.  Son said he wanted to go to the farmer's market. We were a bit tight on time but we all wanted to go and so we fit it in between breakfast and skating.

I love buying fresh produce, and being a crafter myself, I love looking at and appreciating the the lovely labours of other crafters.  Very seldom do I ever find gluten free goodies that are made in a gluten free kitchen and can be eaten without risk to my health and wellbeing.  This time was different.  I came upon a booth with a sign that read "Gluten Free should taste good."  and so I bit...I stopped to talk to the vender.  First question: Is everything here (at the booth) gluten free? His answer: Yes.  Second question: Is your kitchen gluten free?  His answer: Yes.  Now I was truly interested.  We chatted for a bit and he offered me a taste of the bread.  One bite and I was sold.  This bread is the BEST gluten free bread I have EVER tasted.  It was moist and spongy, not like the texture usually found in gluten free breads. THIS bread is better than ANY other - even the best store bought gluten free bread. Over the years I have tried baking gluten free bread myself and experimented with many recipes. But never did I ever come close to the heavenly goodness of this bread.  If you are gluten free and have been searching for bread that makes your mouth water, is amazing, wonderful and to die for...well I won't keep you in suspense any longer.



I give Kulture Foods two thumbs-up.  I realize that to some I seem a bit over the top, even kooky, but holy hannah, I can't wait to get more of this bread!  It wasn't just the texture and taste that pleased me though. It was the size of the loaf too. If you have ever bought a loaf of gluten free bread, you'll get it.  The size of the loaf was comparable to wheat bread.  The price was a bit more than store bought bread (at least those in the mid range at the store I normally shop at), but taking into consideration the size of the loaf (and the taste/texture too of course), it was reasonably priced ($7). 

I'm raving about their bread, but that's not all they make that is wonderful. We I went kinda bananas and bought a bit of almost everything they had: muffins (wonderful!), buns (also fantastic!), chicken pot pie (awesome!), and of course their bread. If you have a chance to check out Kulture Foods, their foods are well worth a try! Thank you Kulture Foods!

P.S. This product review was written on my own free will. Kulture Foods did not request it, nor will I receive any monetary compensation for writing this article.  I simply found a product I love and wanted to share it with the world. :)

4 comments:

pamwheatfree said...

I had the guys make my birthday cake this year and it was a real hit of the party. It was carrot cake and very reasonably priced.

Gluten Free Mom said...

Thanks for your comment Pamwheatfree. Good to know. We had said that the muffins were so good we would get some for an upcoming birthday, instead of cake...but maybe we'll also consider the cake route.

Kulture Foods said...

Kulture Foods really wants to thank you for kind review! We just want to point out that you met us at the NEW Lansdowne Farmers Market . We are there every Sunday. Also please visit our website www.KultureFoods.com and our Facebook page www.facebook.com/kulturefoods.

Gluten Free Mom said...

You're welcome Kulture Foods! Glad to share a good thing when I find it! :)