Sunday, April 3, 2016

Glorious Baby

I haven't written a blog post in months.  I realized it had been a while, but had no idea that it has been over since 6 months (so embarrassed!).  




Let's bring you up to speed here.  The journey of this gluten free mom has taken a drastic turn.  A good turn, but still a pretty big turn. You see, our family has been busy preparing to increase by one gluten free baby!  We are all super excited.  Just when we started to wonder if another child was in the cards for us, our life got a little more glorious, and we feel so lucky.  We are 29 weeks along now and up until last week we were counting forward week by week.  Now, I find myself counting the weeks that are left instead - both excited to be so close to meeting our new little one, and nervous that in the seven years since son was born I have forgotten everything I need to know.  

Yes, that's right. There will be more than seven years between our children.  It is what it is and we really didn't have a whole lot of control over it, but Husband and I are of the belief that this will work out just perfectly.  It has been so much fun to share this pregnancy journey with Son.  Son has been incredibly understanding and helpful, and I don't doubt that he will be equally as helpful when Baby arrives. 



Over the past months he has been dedicated to building a relationship with his brother, talking to him regularly, telling him how much he loves him, kissing him (my belly) good morning and good night (every day!), whispering secret sibling messages, and talking about how great it will be to be a big brother ...to a little brother.  

As preganancies go, this pregnancy has been different in so many ways, and I expect our baby years to be different as well.   I embarked on my Gluten Free, super 'green' and 'health conscious' journey after having Son#1, so this is my first time being pregnant and preparing for a new baby while on this path.  There are things I did with Son#1 that I couldn't imagine doing this time...like disposable diapers and disposable nursing pads, disposable pads for postpartum bleeding, bottled store bought baby food, supplementing with formula...etc., etc.  I have a goal of doing things differently this time.  Don't get me wrong. I'm not judging anyone who uses disposable products and buys baby food instead of making it.  I've been there and done that.  It saved my sanity the with Son#1.  I just can't see myself making the shift back to doing it that way again - for environmental, health, and financial reasons.  

While I intend  to do things differently with baby#2, I hope that I can do this without losing my mind. I also hope that I can share  with you while I embark on this new path in my journey as a more natural mama.  I'll do my best to bring you blog posts on topics related to my natural, green, and gluten free mama to a new baby experience.    



In the mean time...our family is on a countdown in anticipation of Son#2...only 11-12 weeks to go!   

No comments: